Gooey Triple Chocolate Brownies

Sunday, 17 June 2012

Today's post is a devilish one. In fact, I'm going to give it no more introduction than the following picture.


Speaks for itself really, doesn't it? I made these bad boys for Father's Day and I received a VERY warm welcome from EVERYONE - they simply went down a treat. I've gone off a BBC GoodFood recipe, that you can find here.
To reach the brownie heaven pictured above you will need:

275g plain chocolate
85g milk chocolate
85g white chocolate
275g unsalted butter
325g caster sugar
175g plain flour
85g pecans
1 tsp baking powder
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence

Quick note for the students - drop the pecans and you have a very affordable piece of heaven!

To start, preheat the oven to 170C and line a tin, approximately 30x20cm.


Then put the plain chocolate and butter in a microwavable bowl and microwave for about a minute, checking and stirring the mixture every 10-20 seconds. You should really put this mixture in a dish and place over a pan of simmering water to melt but that is more washing up and more hassle. I say whack it in the microwave and just make sure it doesn't burn.


Mix thoroughly until it looks like the picture above. Which seems a little naughty to look at directly...
Sieve the flour and baking powder into a separate bowl and set aside. Then stir the sugar into the melted chocolate. Go on to add the eggs and vanilla essence. Then fold in the flour.


After you have your basic batter, add the exciting bits. For this particular recipe they are as follows:
Chopped and broken pecans. 


Chopped milk chocolate.


Chopped white chocolate.


Isn't it looking beautiful? Quick note, when eating the brownies, it is such a delight when you bite into a big piece of chocolate so I've chopped my chocolate into fairly big chunks, I recommend you do the same. Also, you may or may not have found substandard chocolate when chopping it up (as I did), feel free to eat this. In no way do I recommend using substandard chocolate in this recipe!
After the mixture is all made up, pour it into the prepared cake tin. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.


Enjoy the baking smell, this recipe is particularly easy on the ol' olfactory.
When ready, the top should be firm but the inside should feel soft when cooked, I like mine particularly gooey, so I give them a little less time, about 22, or 23 minutes. Let the brownie cool in the tin and once cooled, cut into squares and remove.




Attractive little minxes aren't they!



Enjoy these with friends, family or with the delightful pair that is Ben and Jerry.
Quick piece of advice, kids. Don't make chocolate brownies in a white top. It is just ASKING for trouble.



And another thing. For the love of God, lick the bowl!


What do you mean, I have something on my face...?


I hope you love these as much as everyone else seems to!
Back tomorrow with more kitchen adventures.
L. xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Awesome recipe! I hope to find time to try it next weekend. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it! Let me know how you get on :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...