Merry Christmas, 2013!

Wednesday, 25 December 2013


Hello there, friends! I hope you're slumped in the sofa in a food/wine/gin coma and have had a wonderful, food filled day. I'm certainly in a food haze and am enjoying the Christmas TV bonanza with slightly crossed-eyes by the fire. Excitingly, I'm writing to you from my new iPad (!!), given to me by my ever so generous J, so if this post is a little dodge lets blame it on my learning the ropes rather than my 5 gins. I want to show you a Christmas at LLK HQ, we eat a lot and laugh a lot. And take an awful lot of pictures. 
My morning began at a yawn-worthy 7am with a present opening Skype call with J. 


The boy had gone mad and given me all sorts of delights including Hunter boots!


And my so unexpected iPad. I squawked when I tore off the wrapping paper. 
I was truly spoiled! 


Then I bounced downstairs, wished happy birthday to my dad who shares his birthday with Christmas and saw it was a rather lovely morning. Naturally I snatched up my camera and went outside to enjoy.


A clear, crisp morning. Perfection!


Frost on the ground was a bonus!


Then we celebrated my Dad's birthday and then devoured croissants, orange juice and tea. 

Then Christmas present giving began. Wrapping paper = everywhere. 


My little kitten got comfortable amongst the wrappings and looked over my lovely haul, which included Joy the Baker's book along with Smitten Kitchen's. So many baking ambitions. 


This year I gave my parents another homemade Christmas hamper including pistachio brittle, sloe gin and pistachio and cranberry cookies. I loved giving infused alcohol this year. My dad got an apple pie infused whiskey and my nan an apple and pear gin. Lots of fun to make (and test). 


I'm a bit of a fiend for crafty decorations. As much fun as making the gifts! 


We then headed out for a walk. Archie was ever so excited!


Cheery family ready to roll!


I showed off my glorious new Hunter wellies and wore my garish Christmas jumper with pride.


Dad and Archie did a lot of horsing around, in a jolly, festive fashion. 


Back home with pink cheeks there was a mountain if sprouts waiting for my attention.


Mum worked her socks and shoes off to get everything ready.


Classic turkey shot.


And dinner was ready to roll! We feasted on turkey, fluffy roast potatoes, roasted root vegetables, shredded Brussels with bacon, pigs in blankets, stuffing, greens and loads of gravy. It was incredible


We all raised glasses, toasted each other and tucked in. 


Serious dribbling. 


Cracker hats looking super jolly.


Silliness inevitable ensued. 


Time for a quick selfie before pudding, surely?!


Now pudding. Say hello to clementine pannacotta, courtesy of my wonderful Nan. 


The incredibly tasty 3 generation Christmas pudding that went down a storm. 


And Dad's Chocolate and Whiskey-soaked Raisin cake. Boom. 
Couldn't wait to get his hands on this one. 


Then came the games. You can't have Christmas without games now, can you?


Game faces at the ready:


There was much shouting and referrals to the rule book but all in good fun. 
And I only threw one thing across the room. Just one. 
Now we've all retired to the sofa to calm ourselves down and are transfixed by Call the Midwife, Doctor Who and are eagerly awaiting Downton. 
I hope you've had a lovely Christmas, friends. I certainly have. Enjoy the rest of your holidays and always eat loads. Xxx


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely Christmas!
    I'm a big fan of homemade gifts & baked goods, they are always so fun to make!

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful, thank you. Hope you're enjoying the holidays, Teffy xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...